New Year 2014
Photo Credit

At the start of each New Year, it’s pretty common for folks to make resolutions:  losing weight, starting better eating habits, going back to school, etc.  Unfortunately most resolutions are null and void before the month of January is even over.

I’ve been thinking about what I wanted to do this year, what did I want to accomplish?  The more I thought about it, the more I remembered all of the things I was supposed to do in previous years.  I think this year I’m going to focus on Completion.  Finishing up some of the things that I’ve started.  I’ll admit, I’ve had a bad habit of starting a project, slacking off and then starting something else.

First on the list is school.  I won’t say how long I’ve been working on a graduate degree, but it’s time I finish.

cap-and-diploma
Photo Credit

Next up, all those unfinished home projects.  My basement looks like a war zone/ catch-all for all the junk items we haven’t bothered to actually store away properly.  Well it needs to be turned into a real family room.

Basement
My pitiful basement

I just saw the power mitre saw that was purchased umpteen years ago because I wanted crown molding in the dining room – and I was sure that I could do it myself (watching too much DIY Network).   Well it too needs to be put to use – to actually cut the molding for the dining room.

There are scores of other projects: the garage organization, the gardening, unfinished sewing, the unfinished knitting, and all of the DIY projects that I actually purchased the materials for.  This year it’s time to complete them.

While a diet is not on my list of things to complete, I could stand to start getting some exercise in.  Now if someone can tell me what home exercise routines I need to do to get my legs to look like Naomi Campbell’s I’d be eternally grateful.  LOL!  Seriously…

Naomi-Campbell-Sexy-Legs
Photo Credit

What are you looking to Complete this year?

7 Comments on 2014: The Year of Completion

1. Kenya G. Johnson
    January 6, 2014 at 11:29 pm (3 years ago)

Wow – I think you just have to be Naomi Campbell. LOL! Dang my legs are where all the fat is stored. Best wishes to you on completing that graduate degree. Once you set your mind to finish what you started you will. Happy New Year to you Kennie.
    Kenya G. Johnson recently posted…Matters of the Heart…My Profile

• beignetmamas
      January 7, 2014 at 9:25 pm (3 years ago)

Happy New Year Kenya!
      Yeah I know, wishful thinking on the Naomi Campbell legs. LOL! I am determined to tie up these loose ends. I think I will have a better sense of accomplishment, and be a more positive example for my child. I don’t want to be one of those “do as I say, not as I do” parents.

2. Cam | Bibs and Baubles
    January 8, 2014 at 6:32 am (3 years ago)

Naomi Campbell’s body is ridiculous. I need her workout plan, for real. On my list this year is to get my business off the ground.

• beignetmamas
      January 10, 2014 at 2:21 pm (3 years ago)

Yes, it truly is! Whatever she’s doing, I need to be doing it too. Starting a business is on my list too, but only after I’ve completed school. I’m determined to get that done!

• beignetmamas
      January 13, 2014 at 2:50 pm (3 years ago)

Ohh Faith, starting new things IS so much fun. In fact I’ve already came up with a few new things that I want to do, but I am DETERMINED! Those new things can’t begin until I’ve cleared out some of the old. Actually when I think about it that way, it makes me work that much faster so I can get to them. 🙂

3. Heri
    January 19, 2015 at 9:09 am (2 years ago)

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff prior to and you are just too great. I really like what you have revceeid here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which by which you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it wise. I can not wait to learn far more from you. That is really a terrific web site.