Kimberly over at Being a Wordsmith blog has asked us to post some links to a few of our previous blog posts.  Today’s theme is Resurgence.  We’re providing links to posts that didn’t receive much traffic.
Okay, so I’m new at this blogging thing.  Some posts that I just KNEW would get a reaction, were just barely noticed, and the ones that I kinda threw together, got more attention than I thought.
Here are two of my favorites:

What ever happened to manners?  Why does it seem that so many grown folks just don’t have any?

Toddlers & Tiaras Paisley pretty woman hooker costume prostitute
Source

My observations on the “hooker-ish” looking clothing that so many young girls are wearing.

Do you have any posts that surprised you with their response rate, or lack thereof?

September Sapphire Blog Challenge Prompt:  Provide links to some of your posts that did not receive as much traffic or as many comments as you hoped.

8 Comments on We’re Baaaack!

1. Alison
    September 24, 2013 at 2:37 am (4 years ago)

Yes, sure did, Kennie. I wrote about my trip to Costa Rica in early August and got the most comments ever, up to that time. And then earlier in the year I wrote a post titled “What I Believe In”, which I had a ton of fun writing, and not one comment appeared. I was crushed! But I did get over it and I’m still here churning out the posts. We bloggers develop tough skins along the blogging journey, don’t we?

September 24, 2013 at 12:37 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Alison! You’re right, we do develop tough skins. I know that whether we receive 20 comments or just 2, our writing has had an impact on someone. The thing is, is just to keep going.

September 24, 2013 at 8:07 pm (4 years ago)

It can be hit or miss with some posts regarding traffic. I have been doing more linking to old posts these days to gain new traffic. And repurposing posts. Thanks for linking up!

September 25, 2013 at 1:25 pm (4 years ago)

You’re welcome! Yes, I’m learning, I’m learning. This prompt has taught me alot about linking to old posts!

3. MrsTDJ
    September 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm (4 years ago)

You are sooo right. Sometimes, I’m shocked by the posts that raise a crowd vs the ones that don’t. I typically only repost when I get a request by someone to do so, but I like this idea of repurposing. Getting ready to read a few of yours. 🙂

September 25, 2013 at 1:28 pm (4 years ago)

This is all new for me, so it’s definitely a learning experience. I like the idea of repurposing too. I had never considered it because I really didn’t realize that bloggers did it. I thought once something was out there, it was a done deal, whether it got any comments or not. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Be-Quoted.com
    September 25, 2013 at 2:15 am (4 years ago)

My Confessions of a Blogger and How Relationships or Like Politics post garnered more of a reaction than I anticipated. Not a bad thing at all. Surprising, but not bad.

September 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm (4 years ago)

Your confessions post was a good one! I’ll admit that I was somewhat disappointed when certain posts didn’t get much attention. Now that I know about repurposing posts, I don’t think it’ll bother me much anymore.