Source

A blog the I read that always forces a belly laugh is Black ‘n Bougie.  The author, Michele, is a no-nonsense candid writer who is quite gifted when it comes to the English language.  She has four published novels under her belt, and one that’s soon to be released.  She’s also Southern and bougie.

Have you ever met someone who could “read” a person, make them feel about 2 inches tall all while speaking calmly in the most lady-like tone and without ever uttering a single curse word?  That’s Michele.  The only other person I’ve ever known who could do all of that (and do it well) is my mother.

On her blog Michele retells various incidents in her life, as well as posts emails she receives from readers sharing their relationship issues and asking for advice.   Her posts have ranged from the down right hilarious (like the Usher-themed wedding she attended), to the jaw dropping (like the reader who’s date pulled a styrofoam container of barbecue ribs and briskit out of her bag at his company’s dinner at the Sr. VP’s house) – umm, yeah.  She’s even got themes for some of the craziness, like ITOFTS (I’m Too Old For This Shiggity) and WDDDA (Where Dey Do Dat At).

Now she’s not always about fun and games.  When it comes to the serious subject matter, Michele is on point.  She will tackle and discuss current affairs and does not shy away from the controversial topics.  She’s one of those people who goes ahead and says what most folks are thinking.

What about you?  What are your favorite blogs?

September Sapphire Blog Challenge Prompt:Talk about 2 blogs you read that always force a belly laugh out of you? Why?

16 Comments on The Bougie Chronicles

September 8, 2013 at 8:57 pm (4 years ago)

You have sold me on this blog, Kennie. I am following Michele now. Thanks for linking up and sharing.

September 9, 2013 at 2:10 am (4 years ago)

Hi Kimberly, I’m glad you like it! Her posts are hilarious for sure! You’ll definitely enjoy her writings.

• Dayana
      May 2, 2016 at 1:11 pm (2 years ago)

Please keep thoriwng these posts up they help tons.

• car insurance
      May 16, 2016 at 12:58 am (2 years ago)

research labs … different from academic positions in ways that can be very appealing to many people : no need to continually find funding, no teaching, no tenure pressure, and generally more emphasis on accomplishing things as a group rather than individually.and much better salaries, though less vacation and little to no chance to launch your own startup while still employed in your day job.

September 30, 2016 at 1:57 am (1 year ago)

Lo vuelvo a aclarar… no soy historiador (nada que ver con tu nick)… simplemente soy lector y curioso. Las fuentes son las mencionadas. Y si bien algunas de “conjeturas” son personales, otras corresponden a la de los autores de las fuentes; y yo, como muchos otros Ateos, las compartimos.

November 4, 2016 at 2:36 pm (1 year ago)

OJ! Vilken arsle som fÃ¥tt igenom sÃ¥dant utan ditt godkännande. De behöver väl ändÃ¥ skriftligt godkännande för att göra nÃ¥got sÃ¥dant, anteckna en försäkring alltsÃ¥.Ge honom mer än vad han tÃ¥l.. FörstÃ¥r att du väntar pÃ¥ brev och hoppas verkligen att det dyker upp ett ocksÃ¥…

• angebotsschreiben versicherung
      February 2, 2017 at 3:46 pm (10 months ago)

Oh…this is killing me! I love this dish. I've just eaten at a Chinese friend's house over the weekend….Szechuan style…very spicy but delicious. I wish I can get this flour here. I have to hunt for it. Maybe have to go to London for it!!

• immobilien kredit lkw
      February 16, 2017 at 3:05 pm (9 months ago)

Zauważ, że Autor notki nie wymÄ…drzaÅ‚ siÄ™. ZacytowaÅ‚ jedynie obowiÄ…zujÄ…ce przepisy i “zderzyÅ‚” je z tym, co wiemy o postÄ™powaniu zaÅ‚ogi samolotu.Wnioskować możemy jak umiemy.

February 28, 2017 at 8:06 pm (9 months ago)

It’s always a relief when someone with obvious expertise answers. Thanks!

• perkins coupons
      March 9, 2017 at 5:02 pm (8 months ago)

In the upper middle class suburb I live in, it's not uncommon to see pretty white and sometimes Latino or Asian girls with black guys. Trust me, the brothers are having no problem with the ladies. A black guy that dresses well and is clean cut, educated, etc. will do well. Especially in an area with few blacks.

2. Mocadeaux
    September 8, 2013 at 9:45 pm (4 years ago)

Michelle’s story, When Sweet Becomes Scary, in her ITOFTS series makes me very, very thankful I am not in the dating scene. Yikes!! Thanks for introducing me to Black n Bougie!

September 9, 2013 at 2:07 am (4 years ago)

You and me both! Some of the stories I’ve heard are just down right ridiculous! I know folks who will run a person’s name through the local online court case system just to make sure they’re not dealing with a criminal. It makes you wonder what’s going on in the world that one has to resort to such measures just to date.

3. Michelle Nahom
    September 9, 2013 at 2:54 am (4 years ago)

Can’t wait to check her blog out! Thanks for sharing her with us. So glad I’m checking out all the links in this link party!!

September 9, 2013 at 3:43 am (4 years ago)

Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by! I am loving this link party! Everyone has so much to offer – lots of good stuff to read.

4. Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady
    September 11, 2013 at 10:49 am (4 years ago)

She sounds wonderful! Heading over to check her out! Thanks for sharing!

September 12, 2013 at 12:14 am (4 years ago)

You’re welcome! Enjoy!