Greetings!  Today’s post is on video, and is a part of two blog challenges.  Rx Fitness Lady is hosting a blog challenge this week, where today we have to make a blog commercial, and Being A Wordsmith ‘s blog challenge asks “What part of your life closely resembles a storyline in a reality TV show or soap opera?”
Well, my life would definitely not make the cut for the latest reality show, and I don’t think I’m interesting enough for Genoa City, but check out the video after the jump.

What about you?  Can your life be a reality TV show?

September Sapphire Blog Challenge PromptWhat part of your life closely resembles a storyline in a reality TV show or soap opera?

Rx Fitness Lady Blog Challenge:  Monday Blog Commercial

28 Comments on Lights, Camera, Action!

1. Kenya G. Johnson
    September 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm (4 years ago)

Nice to meet you Kennie. My husband is from Lake Charles. I know that’s people saying they live in Atlanta and then someone says, oh yeah – I have a friend in Savannah. LOL! You did a great job on your vlog. #MBC

September 16, 2013 at 3:31 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Kenya! Thanks! Actually, being away from home, we tend to get excited whenever we hear that someone is from ANYWHERE in Louisiana. LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

2. Mimi
    September 16, 2013 at 1:53 pm (4 years ago)

Great job! Definitely now following can’t wait to hear about your adventures. I am just starting to move into the decorating DIY piece on my blog. You and your daughter are two very pretty ladies!

• Mimi
      September 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm (4 years ago)

#MBC

September 16, 2013 at 3:28 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Mimi! You are too kind! I have always loved doing DIY projects. I just have to remind myself to document as I go.

3. Alison
    September 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm (4 years ago)

Congrats, Kennie! You did a great job of literally killing two birds with one stone, Joi’s and Kimberly’s challenges. Your little girl is a sweetie!

September 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Alison! Thanks so much! This was my first video, and it actually was alot of fun. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Veronica Smith
    September 16, 2013 at 6:46 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Kennie! I am Veronica over at MyFinessedLife! You did a great job. Your daughter is a cutie patootie. #mbc

September 17, 2013 at 2:27 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Veronica – you share my mom’s name! 🙂 Thank you so much! My little one kept popping up whenever I started recording, so I figured why fight it, just let her say something. LOL

5. Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady
    September 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm (4 years ago)

Very awesome that you participated in the #MBC Kennie! Oh and I’m so backed up on responding to my own comments…HEY SOROR 😉 Seriously, you are the first sister friend I’ve made out here in these blog streets!

I already told you I love Beignets and I have jumped right on in to your blog thanks to my girl Kim’s challenge! Very happy to connect! I’m going to lump some of Kim’s prompts together but I will have to see your Martha Stewart flo as I continue to get to know you girlie!

September 17, 2013 at 2:34 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Joi! I was a little hesitant about the commercial, but since I haven’t blogged long enough to have any interesting confessions, I said what the heck. It didn’t turn out as bad as I thought. LOL!
      I am loving the new connections being made from your’s and Kim’s challenges!

6. Be-Quoted.com
    September 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm (4 years ago)

Way to multi-task! You went ahead and killed two birds with one stone. You seem very at ease in front of the camera. Your blog sounds pretty similar to mine in that we just blog about life. I like it! #mbc

September 17, 2013 at 2:31 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you! I was fretting over specific blogging categories initially, like am I a mommy blogger, lifestyle blogger, etc. Then I figured, I’ll just talk about what I like and if there’s a little of this, and a little of that, then so be it! LOL

7. LydiaF
    September 17, 2013 at 12:06 am (4 years ago)

That was awesome! And your daughter is so cute 🙂 I’m glad I participated in the blog party. I’ve met some really cool bloggers today.

September 17, 2013 at 2:35 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Lydia! I’m glad I participated too. This is turning out to be alot of fun!

September 17, 2013 at 11:20 am (4 years ago)

I love how conversational your commercial is! Good job, Kennie. Miss Petunia is so cute. I think she wanted some more air time. If you know about Genoa City, you must be a Y&R fan like me. Thank you for linking up and sharing.

September 17, 2013 at 2:42 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Kimberly! I haven’t watched Y&R in a while, but I still know all the characters. My mom calls me DAILY and fills me in on what’s going on. Sometimes she catches me off guard because she’ll call and start telling me all this juicy gossip, only for me to realize that she’s not talking about real people, she’s talking about what just happened on Y&R! LOL!

• Misty
      May 2, 2016 at 5:07 pm (12 months ago)

Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to cocmtnimaue. Excellent task.

• auto insurance
      May 16, 2016 at 12:57 am (12 months ago)

In der Schweiz erhalten Sie alle Informationen über das Niedrigspritzguss-Verfahren mit Macromelt Schmelzklebstoffen bei der Firma Adola, Thalwil Tel. +41 (0)44 720 73 88.Als Technologiepartner von Henkel beraten wir Sie bei der Materialauswahl, Einsatz von Vergussmaschinen sowie der Auslegung der Werkzeuge.

• car insurance quotes
      May 20, 2016 at 2:25 pm (11 months ago)

what?  No merchandise for Skylanders.  Okay….  so I got online and searched.  I found Amy’s Party Ideas which had great ideas and I copied it.  I got together with Christina from Makes and Cakes and

• car insurance
      June 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm (11 months ago)

Shannon Durnin – These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the lighting and clever shots! Can’t wait for the big day – so happy for you Brooke and Mike!! I agree, for sure an album cover!!

November 4, 2016 at 3:58 am (6 months ago)

Ile masz Musisz je zważyć, żeby wiedzieć ile zrobić syropu, bo na kg jabłek idzie 2 kg cukru. Z doświadczenia jednak radzę nie robić na raz więcej konfitur niż z kilograma owoców. Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

• can i insure a car not owned by me
      March 7, 2017 at 10:49 am (2 months ago)

Sounds to me as if Sony DRM software is actually a virus (as is Microsoft Windows and ActiveX, thank you very much), and needs to be treated as such. Damn corporate bobble-heads.

9. Britton
    September 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm (4 years ago)

Can’t wait to see a lot of the home and DIY projects! I LOVE your daughter! She is just too cute! I love how you are just so comfortable in front of the camera! Nice connecting with you by way of Joi!

September 17, 2013 at 2:45 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Britton! I’m working on getting the home projects organized. My husband was giving me the side-eye when I informed him that he needed to get cracking on that DIY list. LOL

10. Dana Hemelt
    September 18, 2013 at 1:21 am (4 years ago)

Hi Kennie! I’m a day late visiting your commercial from #MBC, but I loved it. Watching it was like chatting with a friend and her adorable daughter. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities, and your blog name made me smile immediately. So nice to find your blog – looking forward to reading more!

11. Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama
    September 18, 2013 at 2:07 am (4 years ago)

Hi Kennie! Nice to meet you! LOVE your commercial you and your daughter are adorable!! Visting from the MBC!

12. Cassandre
    September 21, 2013 at 1:10 am (4 years ago)

Hi Kennie.. your commercial was great. i was sold on your blog just based on the name “beignet mama”.. i LOVE New Orleans and have been almost every year for the past few years.. i have yet to have a beignet from Cafe du Monde. this past summer i did have a crawfish stuffed beignet from Restaurant Revolution.. it was amazing 🙂 Stopping from the #MBC challenge.. happy to find your blog. your daughter is super cute!