Last week I chaperoned a field trip with my daughter’s daycare center.  The trip was to a “bounce house”.  In other words, a commercial space that was filled with various bouncers (those inflatable things that kids love to jump in).  Well, the daycare provider had a sprained ankle, and I was the only other adult chaperone, so guess who got to partake in all the bouncing fun???

Lets just say I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  When we arrived I was looking pretty decent – if i say so myself.  Had on my casual jeans, t-shirt, and blazer.  By the time we left, my shirt was wringing wet and my hair had turned into an afro.  The daycare provider and the other parents thought it hilarious the way I was being pulled in 50 different directions by the kids – all of whom wanted me to slide on a gigantic inflatable slide with them exclusively.  Humph, the nerve of those folks to laugh at me!  But I will admit, I had a TON of fun!

I don’t know how I manage to get myself in these type situations.

September Sapphire Blog Challenge Prompt:  Describe today, a typical day, or a recent day with pictures.
Rx Fitness Lady Blog Challenge:  Wednesday Humorous

22 Comments on How Do I Get Myself Into These Situations?

1. Michell Pulliam
    September 18, 2013 at 4:21 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Kennie! Wow, you sound like me when our kids were younger! I always seemed to be the one parent who got asked to chaperone. My husband would always crack up on me though, because he said that’s what I get for trying to act like Mary Poppins all the time! Haha…whatever hubby(he was just jealous they didn’t call on him)…yeah right, lol! Anywho, this is my first time visiting your blog(I’m a Southern girl too). 😉 Dropping by from Joi’s #MBC. Have a good one!

Michell @Prowess and Pearls

September 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Michell! Thanks for stopping by! Mary Poppins though??? LOL! I think my schedule is the most flexible out of all the parents, so I’m usually IT. With Fall approaching, I just got a message about the pumpkin patch opening, so I already know that’ll be my next adventure. That’s okay though, I’ll be ready for them next time!

2. Be-Quoted.com
    September 18, 2013 at 5:02 pm (4 years ago)

Very cute blazer! I’m well aware of the “bounce house.” Thanks to Groupon, I was able to take my Little One for only $5.50! That price included pizza. Winning!

September 18, 2013 at 6:56 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks! I’m working on the fashion thing, although it’s still a work in progress. I’m starting to read more fashion blogs to try and improve my fashion sense. (Sad, I know.) $5.50 and pizza too?!?! That’s definitely winning! I paid $6.00 and there was no food offered.

3. VITA Train for Life
    September 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm (4 years ago)

Bounce house places can be a ton of fun! I used always go on them with my boys and I would be a mess afterward too!! Good for you for joining in and having some fun. You are rocking that blazer!! #mbc

September 18, 2013 at 6:58 pm (4 years ago)

I never knew places like this even existed! IF I do this again (IF) I’ll be better prepared next time. It’ll be straight t-shirt, jeans or sweats, and a ponytail. But I did have a lot of fun though. 🙂

September 18, 2013 at 7:54 pm (4 years ago)

Good for you! I only chaperoned 1 field trip for my son’s Kindergarten class last year. That was to Audubon Zoo which I know you all too familiar with. It has all kinds of new stuff these days. The good thing was most of my son’s classmates had their parents/grandparents come too, so I only had to chaperone my son and 1 other child. Originally it was supposed to be 6. I’m going to try to do some this school year. But thanks for the advice on the bounce house. If that is a trip on their itinerary, I’ll be sure to stay away from that one. Ha Ha! Appreciate you linking up.

September 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm (4 years ago)

Audubon Zoo has to be one of the best zoo’s I’ve ever visited! Petunia hasn’t been there yet (it was too hot), but she has been to the aquarium. Now Kimberly, you know you have to try the bounce house at least once! LOL I think the next time they have a trip, I’ll have to make sure that I’m not the only parent chaperoning.

5. Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady
    September 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm (4 years ago)

GIrl I’m all over this post! I love stuff like this. I hate the boring field trips that need chaperones for my little ones (not mine but ya know the God children and stuff like that)! You all look like you were having so much fun!

Had to scroll back up to check out this blazer chatter in the comments. I was too busy into the fun, seriously a big old kid here! The blazer is very nice tho!

September 24, 2013 at 1:42 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks! The next trip will be to a petting farm – the same week that my mom is scheduled to be visiting. She has NO idea just how much I’m going to set her up! LOL!!!

6. Cam | Bibs and Baubles
    September 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm (4 years ago)

Those places are so much fun! Looks like y’all had a ball!

September 24, 2013 at 1:45 pm (4 years ago)

We sure did! I was worn out too! After lunch, and it was their nap time, I was wishing that I was small enough to fit on one of those little cotts! LOL

7. Mocadeaux
    September 21, 2013 at 10:18 pm (4 years ago)

This brings back great memories of field trips and especially birthday parties! Good for you for joining in on the fun. I imagine you get yourself in these situations because you are the fun mom!

September 24, 2013 at 1:49 pm (4 years ago)

I try to be the fun mom. I don’t pop in with cupcakes or anything (another mom does that), but I do enjoy putting together little gift bags for the various holidays for them.

• Winter
        May 2, 2016 at 9:28 am (12 months ago)

Weeeee, what a quick and easy sonotiul.

May 13, 2016 at 12:57 am (12 months ago)

I would like to thank you a lot for a useful fact and besides, want to give you the advice: if you trying to find online writers job, this service will helpful.  writer job

May 13, 2016 at 1:21 am (12 months ago)

Todo el tema de las “supercomputadoras” está absolutamente fuera de lugar. Evidentemente existen y están ahí buscando como hacer compras y ventas a toda pastillas, y hay gente que se ha hecho rica con eso, pero… es una exageración lo que nombre en la conferencia, al menos desde mi punto de vista.Por el resto… muy interesante!

• kredit ohne schufa für hartz 4 empfänger
        October 22, 2016 at 3:17 pm (6 months ago)

Praying that our sweet Heavenly Father brings you peace and comfort. He has you. He has baby. He’s got you, Ash. And you are covered in prayer. <3kelly ann´s last [type] ..

• versicherung golf 5
        November 3, 2016 at 11:51 am (6 months ago)

Slam dunkin like Shaquille O’Neal, if he wrote informative articles.

December 30, 2016 at 10:10 am (4 months ago)

This forum needed shaking up and you’ve just done that. Great post!

8. Alison
    September 22, 2013 at 6:21 am (4 years ago)

You know, I always want to go play in those bounce houses! It’s the kid in me, I know! Looks like you had a blast. And the blazer is poppin’!

September 24, 2013 at 1:51 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Alison! You have to try it, at least once. It really IS alot of fun, but just know that you will be worn out! And dress appropriately. LOL