Hey out there, my name is Kennie, and this little corner of the blogosphere is Beignet Mamas!
This post is a part of a blog challenge that I’m participating in over at Being A Wordsmith blog.  For today’s post we are introducing ourselves and telling the meaning of our blog’s name, so here goes…

As you may, or may not know, I am originally from New Orleans, LA, but am currently living on the east coast.  I am a wife and working mom to an awesome toddler that I affectionately call Petunia.  My blog name is my way of paying homage to my place of birth (and my most favorite dessert ever), and to one of the most important jobs that I’ve ever had – MOM!

Okay, let’s break this down…  A “Beignet” is a french-style doughnut that’s served warm and drenched in powdered sugar.  Like gumbo, beignets are a New Orleans staple.  I can never take a trip back home without having some.  You can find them at the famous Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter.  See my tribute post to the beignet here.

Now for the “Mamas” part.  Becoming a mom has opened my eyes to a whole new view of the world.  For me, it has been a life changing event that has completely altered my views and beliefs.  Having always been a rather quiet and reserved person, I am still amazed at how this little person has the ability to make me transform into ferocious tiger when it comes to her safety and well-being.  Oh, and I’m also trying to figure out the mystery of how someone so little can make such a big mess.  Leave her in a room unattended for 5 minutes and when you come back you’d think a tornado hit it!

So there you have it, Beignet Mamas!

9 Comments on Here She Is…

September 3, 2013 at 1:43 am (4 years ago)

Thanks for participating and linking up, Kennie. I love how you explained beignets for those who don’t know. I’ve been eating them all my life and I still learned something from that. And you are so right about little ones making big messes.

September 3, 2013 at 3:53 am (4 years ago)

Hi Kimberly! You’re welcome! I’m really looking forward to the challenge. This should be a lot of fun! As far as the kiddies and the mess, sometimes I wish they came with their own personal housekeepers. 🙂

2. Small Talk Mama
    September 3, 2013 at 9:17 pm (4 years ago)

Kennie,
    I’m not from New Orleans, but I love beignets! I have French roots and friends, so perhaps that’s where I get it. I’m participating in the blog challenge also, so I look forward to reading your posts. BTW I’m a first-time Mom and understand the “mess!”

September 3, 2013 at 10:04 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Small Talk Mama! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, in spite of the mess, I love that little girl to pieces! I think I’ve just come to accept the fact that my living room has turned into Romper Room. smh…

3. Amy Boyington
    September 3, 2013 at 9:32 pm (4 years ago)

Nice to meet you! I’m visiting from the September Sapphire challenge. My fiance is a huge New Orleans Saints fan (which makes me one too, of course!) Looking forward to reading more from you 🙂

September 3, 2013 at 10:07 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Amy! Thanks for visiting! My husband is a MAJOR Saints fan! In fact, I’m surprised he hasn’t hung the black and gold fleur de lis on the front door yet… WHO DAT! 🙂

4. Mocadeaux
    September 4, 2013 at 3:12 am (4 years ago)

I’ve been to Cafe du Monde just once but the taste of those beignets is something I’ll never forget! Glad to meet you!

September 4, 2013 at 2:27 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Mocadeaux – what a cool name! Thanks for stopping by! My husband likes to make beignets every now and then, but I tell ya, I can’t wait until my next trip to New Orleans. There’s nothing like actually eating them AT Cafe du Monde!