Today, Kimberly over at Being A Wordsmith blog has asked us what are some things that we do to be Happier, Healthier, and Wiser.

Happier:
I spend as much quality time as I can with my daughter.  I want to build many memorable experiences with her.  We really have a lot of fun together.  (See bounce house post for proof.)  When we’re out I try to take as many photos as I can.  Not to embarrass her, but so that when she’s older, I can say “Look Petunia, you rode the cow train!”

Healthier:
When I decided I was really serious about taking the plunge into motherhood, I began to eat alot healthier.  I cut out the fast food, cut back on the fried food, added more green vegetables, and began to cook more.  I discovered I loved trying new dishes, and I developed a love for baking from scratch.  I’m happy to say the Petunia LOVES green vegetables.  Brocolli is her favorite, but she can put a hurtin’ on some collard greens!  LOL

I know this is home-made whipped cream Petunia and I were whipping up may not count as healthy, but it was good!  LOL

Another thing I am seriously working on to improve my health, outside of drinking more water, is getting more sleep.  It’s been a struggle.  I tend to get to bed somewhere between 11pm and midnight, but then my alarm goes off at 5am.  This is everyday, and by the time Friday gets here, I’m seriously dragging.

I wish this was me right now…

WISER:
Letting stuff go!  I’ve realized that you can be walking around carrying years of past hurts, slights, and disappointments, and the only person still upset about it is YOU.  You’re mad while the other party is enjoying life, not thinking a thing about you.  Let it go, move on!  You’ll feel so much lighter – I know I do.
Another thing I’ve done is to let some people go.  If you always have some kind of mess brewing, negativity, or you’re a contibutor of gossip, than you can keep it moving!  I want no parts of it!  I have no time for it, don’t want to hear it, because nine times out of ten, if you’re calling me to gossip about “So and So”, then next week you’ll be calling her to gossip about me.  Folks like that will block YOUR blessings!

Source

What about you?  What do you do to be happier, healthier, and wiser?

September Sapphire Blog Challenge Prompt:  What are 3 things that make you Happier?  Healthier? Wiser?

10 Comments on Happier, Healthier & Wiser – That’s Me!

September 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm (4 years ago)

Kennie, my post is SO in sync with yours! Must be our Louisiana roots, girl. I’m a night owl too (always have been) and when my alarm goes off at 6:30 am during the week, I SNOOZE it. Thank you for linking up!

2. Beignet Mamas
    September 21, 2013 at 9:21 pm (4 years ago)

Trust me Kimberly, I am not a night owl by choice! Sometimes I feels like there are just not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I need to. I’ve got to get a handle on it though, because these dark circles that are starting to appear under my eyes are not cute! LOL

3. Shawnna Silvius
    September 22, 2013 at 4:47 am (4 years ago)

My son loves broccoli too. Of all the veggies, I can’t believe he picked that one, but I’m good with that.

September 23, 2013 at 3:57 pm (4 years ago)

I’m surprised she loves vegetables as much as she does. Brocolli was always my favorite too.

4. Sarah
    September 22, 2013 at 4:58 am (4 years ago)

It’s great that you do so much with your daughter. I also need to work on getting more sleep 🙂

September 23, 2013 at 3:58 pm (4 years ago)

Yeah, I’m struggling in the sleep department. Even when the house is empty and I CAN get a nap in, I find other stuff to do.

• Dweezil
      April 23, 2017 at 2:59 am (4 months ago)

BS low – raitanolity high! Really good answer!

• Kentucky auto quotes
      May 1, 2017 at 9:15 pm (4 months ago)

Lindaloo, Kir Royale sounds absolutely delicious and first time I get the chance, I'll try it (champagne is my favourite drink, not that I get a chance to enjoy it that often).

5. Be-Quoted.com
    September 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm (4 years ago)

I can so agree with you on the creating memories with my little one and getting more sleep. I don’t usually get to bed until 1 and 2 in the morning and wake up 6 hours later. No good. Your daughter is ADORABLE. Can she teach my 3 year old to at least try broccoli or greens? Goodness…

September 23, 2013 at 4:00 pm (4 years ago)

LOL! Thanks! I don’t know what it is, but she’ll eat all of her vegetables and ask for more without touching ANY of the meat on her plate.