Beignet Mamas 1st Birthday

Yes, that’s me celebrating my very first birthday.  Please don’t tell my mom I posted a picture of her with that huge afro.  🙂  Actually, my most favorite birthday memories actually are of my daughter’s birthdays.  She just recently turned two, and had a fabulous Strawberry Shortcake themed party.  I love watching her get excited over having a house filled with her little friends.

Now, let me give you some background.  My daughter LOVES company!  I mean really love it.  When folks come over she actually cries when it’s time for them to leave – adults or children, it doesn’t matter.

On the afternoon of her party, she was napping on the living room sofa when the first guests arrived.  When she opened her eyes and saw two of her friends from daycare, she leaped off the sofa and gave them both big hugs.  From there the screaming, squeeling and giggling commensed.  I escorted the three little ladies out into the backyard only to be greeted by a gigantic Strawberry Shortcake bounce house.  Their little eyes became big as saucers – followed by more screaming and squeeling.  They jumped until they could jump no more.  In all we had a total of 6 kids ranging in ages from 2 to 4 – which was perfect.
One of my aunts baked her the prettiest and tastiest strawberry themed cake – which was a big hit!

I have another aunt with whom my Petunia shares the same birthdate.  She lives in Las Vegas, and flew all the way out to the East coast just to share her special day with her great niece – making the  occasion even more special.

Clockwise from top: Petunia & Vegas Auntie, bounce house, strawberry-theme cake, Petunia in bounce house

I know I have had plenty of cool birthdays, but watching the excitement on my little one’s face makes me happy.

September Sapphire Blog Challenge Prompt: Share some of your favorite memories.

15 Comments on Birthday Memories

1. Anonymous
    September 13, 2013 at 4:09 am (4 years ago)

Hey I know that women from vegas that’s Jo Jo Johnson

• Kenyatte
      September 13, 2013 at 11:17 am (4 years ago)

LOL! Yes it is! Thanks for stopping by!

2. Nicole V
    September 13, 2013 at 11:44 am (4 years ago)

Aww cousin…good memories. Love yall

September 13, 2013 at 12:39 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Nicole V! I love y’all too! Can’t wait to see you guys!

September 13, 2013 at 2:22 pm (4 years ago)

I like your take on this, Kennie! I’m right there with you. Seeing your child’s face light up over celebrations is priceless. That bounce house is fabulous! Your little Petunia is a cutie pie.

• Kenyatte
      September 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you! I felt bad two days later when she asked to go outside to “jump”. I had to explain that the bounce house was gone. She was NOT happy!

4. Madge
    May 2, 2016 at 9:32 am (1 year ago)

Super inivmratfoe writing; keep it up.

• Randi
      April 23, 2017 at 2:03 am (4 months ago)

vous etes bien tous trop semaeninttls, qu’est ce qu’on s’en fou qui prefere qui, qui est gentil, qui est mechant, blabla bla. Que le meilleur gagne, cette rivalite entre 2 legendes vivantes n’est que bonne pour le tennis et pour les fansee you ! Sherpa

5. http://www.paquetesislamargarita.com/
    May 13, 2016 at 1:33 am (1 year ago)

You can sign up for the Practice Room on the blog, it’s meant to eliminate abuse and people who overstay their time in the room.We also have run into problems by keeping it as a 24-hour practice room, so unfortunately due to the room’s abuse, we are keeping it locked when not in use.

6. car insurance quote
    May 16, 2016 at 1:21 am (1 year ago)

พูดว่า:When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service? Thanks!

7. car insurance quotes
    June 4, 2016 at 4:38 pm (1 year ago)

You are still welcome to post all the healing-up stages of your treatment, too, ya know! I too have been educated by your coverage of this dreadful condition. I began by thinking you were being dreadfully casual with all the pus….but, with no infection present, who cares? As long as it brings you relief. Thanks for all four(?) of your posts.

8. car insurance quotes
    June 5, 2016 at 7:55 am (1 year ago)

Stupidocane..Con quel nick non mi sembri proprio super partes nei confronti dei gatti.Slowly ha detto… …Se non altro per distruggerlo: ODIO i gatti e me ne vanto! Perché non ti metti ad odiare lo smom che sparge le scie chimiche? Avresti ragioni ben più solide e fondate.mc

9. http://www.passstylemusic.com/
    July 15, 2016 at 10:33 am (1 year ago)

Ana, asa este in viata, uneori castigi, alteori pierzi.fara rateuri, nu exista dragoste neinplinita, iar fara aceasta suferinta din dragoste nu ar exista marea literatura universala…:-)

10. kreditkarte zahlung abgelehnt
    October 22, 2016 at 3:33 pm (10 months ago)

mau tanya saya sdh gabung dengan hampir 10 tahun, apakah nomor anggota saya masih bisa dipakai atau harus daftar lagi, kalai dibandung alamat stokis dimana terima kasih

11. http://www./
    November 13, 2016 at 9:08 pm (9 months ago)

Your experiences with skiing down that hill, will be my “scared” feeling when I try to catch some bigger waves when I head out to some surf spots in Central America next month. I’ll be thinking the same thing, “Don’t nosedive” into the water, haha.