Toddlers & Tiaras Paisley pretty woman hooker costume prostitute
Source

Okay so maybe that photo’s a little extreme – but you’ll get my point.  Have you been to the mall on a Friday night lately?  Or better yet, have you seen these kids that hang out in the mall on weekends???  It’s generally filled with teens and tweens. Well, what I want to know is why do they look so grown?   I mean, have you really seen these kids???  The young girls look like grown women, and the boys… many of the boys look… confused (for lack of a better term).  I’ll have to talk about the boys in another post – I’m still trying to figure that one out.

But these girls, from the clothes to the makeup – some of them look like they’re about to go on the ho stroll!  Yeah, I said it!   These are practically babies trying to look like grown folks!  Many of them are too young to have jobs, so who’s footing the bill for the clothes and makeup?  Crickets.   Umm hmm…
I don’t care if it’s all the rage now, if it’s the IN thing, if it was on sale, or if it’s the popular new kiddie makeup line – that ish is NOT cute!

And what’s with the high heels for 4 year olds?  I’m not talking about the make-believe, dress-up princess shoes you get in the toy department.  No, I’m talking 3-inch platform heels!  I was shoe shopping for Petunia recently and this is what I came across…

This joker has a 3-inch heel!  The site sizing description indicated Little Kid (4-8 yrs) and Big Kid (8-12 yrs).  Maybe it’s just me, but I have a problem with little kids in 3-inch heels.
As a new parent in this day in age, I am really afraid of what’s in store for my daughter as she grows older.  We monitor and limit what she’s exposed to on TV, and it’s gotten to the point where I only listen to talk radio or the old school station when she’s in the car with me.  She’s a little sponge who soaks up EVERYTHING, and sometimes repeats it.
While we all were eager to grow up fast (wish they had explained bills to me), I hope that by the time my Petunia becomes a tween, my influence and the example that I set for her will be strong enough to outweigh the Victoria Secret commercials, whatever the high heeled shoe fad is, or the hot latest lipstick color.
But for now it’ll be Salt Water Sandals and Footmates until they don’t make them in her size anymore!

Yes, I’m old fashion and I LOVE it!

6 Comments on Why Does Your 12 Year Old Look Like She’s 20???

1. Shawnna Silvius
    September 23, 2013 at 6:19 pm (4 years ago)

Agreed!! Why don’t kids just get to act and dress like kids?? The “ho stroll,” I love it. I’ve never heard that phrase, but I plan to use it. . . in the appropriate company of course. 🙂

September 24, 2013 at 1:09 pm (4 years ago)

LOL!!! Yes, the “ho stroll”! I don’t understand it with these kids – or their parents. It was announced that adult brands (Victoria’s Secret) are starting to market to a younger audience, and it’s as if no one notices – or cares.

2. Mocadeaux
    September 24, 2013 at 4:43 am (4 years ago)

You apologize for the photo’s being extreme – sadly I think they are not! High heels for toddlers. That can’t even be healthy for growing leg bones! There is nothing wrong with being “old fashioned”. In this circumstance “old fashioned” = good taste!

September 24, 2013 at 1:17 pm (4 years ago)

I saw a few little girls over the summer in high heeled sandals. And the poor things could barely keep up with their parents. I know some adults that can’t even walk in heels, and yet some idiot thought it would be cool to market them to 4 year olds. In the end, the only ones to blame are the parents.

September 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm (4 years ago)

I’ve seen the Toddlers and Tiaras photo before. HOT Mess! Little girls should be allowed to be little girls. Deuce walks around saying he’s a man all the time. I just shake my head. Can we do the “big boy” thing for a while before we get to the “man” stage? LOL. Glad you received some new traffic with this one. It’s a timely topic.

4. Beignet Mamas
    September 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Kimberly for giving me the opportunity to put it out there again! I agree, little girls should be allowed to be little girls. One day our kids are babies, the next day they’re going off to college. Why try to rush the process???