This is the first installment of “30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me”.  These are 20 random facts about myself.  This was actually more difficult than I thought it would be.

1. I’ve always been very shy.
  2. Wore braces as an adult.
  3. I’m a sorority girl.
  4. My favorite color is yellow.
  5. I attended boarding school.  (Yes, like Facts of Life.)
  6. Don’t like to wear shorts.
  7. I hitch-hiked a ride to my grandparent’s house at age 5.  (True story)
  8. I don’t use foul language.  (very rare)
  9. Don’t drink alcohol or smoke.
  10. Hate shopping for clothes.
  11. I’m a cry baby.  Cry during movies, cry during TV shows, cry when happy, etc.
  12. I over analyze everything.
  13. Studied film production in college.
  14. Didn’t learn to drive until in my 20’s.
  15. I play piano.
  16. Favorite movie is Eve’s Bayou.
  17. I  like pretty ink pens.
  18. First plane ride was at age eight and I was by myself.
  19. Used to go fishing alot as a kid.
  20. Prefer hard-copy books over electronic.

8 Comments on 20 Random Facts About Myself

1. Tamara Tipton
    June 18, 2013 at 12:48 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing these! Several made me smile. Hitching at age 5?!?!? I bet there is a great story there! And several made me nod in agreement (I like pretty ink pens too).

P.S. I am visiting from NaBloPoMo, have a beautiful, blessed day.

June 18, 2013 at 4:49 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Tamara, thanks for visiting! I used to think my hitch-hiking story was pretty funny – until I became a mother. Now I’m like, “Please don’t let this little girl do some of the crazy things I did as a child!” LOL

2. Winnie
    June 18, 2013 at 1:53 pm (4 years ago)

What a fun exercise to get to know someone you read! I love pretty ink pens too! I have so many it would probably freak you out! I love the pictures on your blog! Your little one is precious!

June 18, 2013 at 4:51 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Winnie! Thanks! Unfortunately my collection of pretty ink pens is dwindling. It seems my little one is beginning to like them too – like taking them apart that is. smh…

3. Nicole V
    September 13, 2013 at 11:48 am (4 years ago)

OMG…never knew you hitched a ride to mamas at the age of 5…lol. You know I dont feel so bad now….I didnt learn to drive until I was 24.

• Kenyatte
      September 13, 2013 at 8:12 pm (4 years ago)

Girl yes! I’ll have to tell you about that. I stayed with Mama and Daddy for a few days after that because you KNOW my mama would have tried to kill me! LOL

4. Christy Hoover
    October 26, 2013 at 11:40 am (4 years ago)

Hello Kennie!!
    I love your list. It’s fun to get to know about you! As I was reading, I was like oh that’s cool! Me too! I do that.. Except the hitchhiking story… Now that is one for the books! A classic! Thank you for sharing!

November 1, 2013 at 3:21 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Christy! Yeah, the hitchhiking story is a doosy. I’ve been thinking about telling the story on my blog, but I’ve been hesitant. My mom and I were talking about the incident recently, and while I used to think it was a funny story, it doesn’t sound so funny since I’ve become a mom.